Privacy of our customers is an integral part of our business. The following notice explains how we respect the privacy of our customers and personal details held.
The notice applies to our staff, suppliers and systems.
Please read the policy carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns about your privacy practices.
Who we are?
VA Autos Ltd, a well-established vehicle service centre, running successfully since 2010.
What information do we collect?
Names, addresses and vehicle information for each customer, at the time of the customer’s first use of our services.
- how we collect data- when a customer uses our services, the data is entered into our customer management system.
- what specific data do we collect- names, addresses, vehicle information and date of service used
- third party data collected- materials and services purchased from our suppliers, into our account management system.
- Information we collect is not passed onto any external parties and is used for the sole purposes of tracking when next our customers may require our services.
Personal data- names and vehicle information
Sensitive data- amount charged, addresses
How do we use personal information?
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
Please note this list is not exhaustive.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We record and process your personal data after ensuring we have received your consent.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us at reception or email email@example.com.
When do we share personal data?
We treat personal data confidentially and will only share personal data in the event of a government audit.
Where do we store and process personal data?
We do not store and process our customer data outside of the UK or European Economic Area.
We share our legal and accounting information only, which does not concern our customers, with our service providers, based outside of UK and European Economic Area. The relevant data is transferred electronically, only available to our contracted service providers. This data does not include any personal or sensitive customer data.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep personal data on file for a maximum of 3 years, a period which, is renewed every time a customer uses our services.
When data is no longer required, it is wiped from our database.
Your rights in relation to personal data
All our customers, staff and suppliers have the right to:
- access to personal information related to them
- correction and deletion of information related to them
- withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- data portability
- restriction of processing and objection
- lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
To enable any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name, request type and reason for the request. We will then fix an appointment, for you to visit our site and activate the request in person.
No customer, staff or supplier is permitted to access personal data about another person, or to request deletion of data which we are required to keep by law.
Use of automated decision-making and profiling
We use stored data to assess when certain services are due for our customers, e.g. MOT test, vehicle service.
How to contact us?
Please email email@example.com, call our offices on 0208 848 9000 or visit the garage, to find out more or get in touch with us about any queries you may have.